On the web:
- Randy Kennedy discusses how the current economic crisis in Greece is imperiling local antiquities.
- Matthew Kalman discusses documentary sensationalism and its impact on the status of biblical archaeology.
- Charles Jones highlights resources for Macedonian coinage, the Acta Sanctorum, Augustan Rome’s geography, and the Byzantine scholia on Homer’s Iliad.
- Jim Davila notes Google’s efforts to read unopenable Dead Sea Scrolls.
- Joel Willitts comments on selections from Dietrich Bonhoeffer’s Life Together.
- Robert Woods discusses wisdom from a Thomistic perspective.
- Tokens provides part 3 of a series of YouTube clips series from their October 24, 2011 interview with Walter Brueggemann. See here for parts 1 and 2.